This app allows users to easily create, share, and collaborate on multi-track audio-visual recordings. The goal of this project is to find and remove any unnecessary roadblocks to create a more seamless user experience.
If I actually worked for Acapella, I would begin by doing (or reviewing) research including:
- User interviews
- Stakeholder interviews
- Conversation mining
In reality, I do not have access to stakeholders or other users. So, I used my own judgement and had 2 friends go through the flow to identify any pain points.
Updating the user flow
How I improved the flow:
- Reduced user fatigue by removing 3 screens and shortening the flow
- Reduced cognitive load by adding labels to all menu icons
- Removed friction from the final step by adding menu options
Things I didn't resolve, but would continue to work on if I were a UX writer for the Acapella App:
- Making the info menu more visible and more useful
- Adding some help text to the audio settings to help users make better recordings
The revised user flow